When it comes to talking about search engines, almost everyone will mention google but do you also know that there are still some search engines which you don’t even know about. Even though Google takes almost 80% of all worldwide searches, some of these other search engines are made use of by people in other parts of the world.
1. Google: This search engine holds the first place in search.
According to the latest netmarketshare report (January 2018) 74.52% of searches were powered by Google and only 7.98% by Bing.
Google also dominates the mobile/ tablet search engine market share with 93%
2. Bing: Owned by Microsoft. Their attempt is to challenge Google in the area of search. 3. Yahoo : Yahoo search is powered by Bing since October 2011. Yahoo is still the most popular email provider and according to reports holds the fourth place in search.
4. Ask.com : Ask.com receives approximately 0.05% of the search share. ASK is based on a question/answer format where most questions are answered by other users or are in the form of polls. It has the general search function but the results isn’t compared to Google or even Bing and Yahoo. It was formerly known as Ask Jeeves.
5. AOL.com : According to netmarketshare, it’s market share is close to 0.04%. The AOL network includes many popular web sites like engadget.com, techchrunch.com and the huffingtonpost.com.
6. Baidu : This is the most poular search engine in China. Baidu was founded in 2000 and it’s market share is increasing steadily. Baidu is serving billion of search queries per month. It is ranked 4th by Alexa
7. Wolframalpha : Wolframalpha is a Computational Knowledge Engine which can give you facts and data for a number of topics. It is claimed to do all sorts of calculations.
8. DuckDuckGo : This search engine has lots of key advantages.It has a clean interface, it does not track users, it is not fully loaded with ads and has a number of very nice features (only one page of results)
9. Internet Archive : archive.org is the internet archive search engine. You can use it to find out how a web site looked since 1996. It is very useful tool if you want to trace the history of a domain or examine how a website has changed over the years.
10. Yandex.ru : Ranked among the 30 most popular websites on the Internet with a ranking position of 4 in Russian. Yandex is a technology company that builds intelligent products and services powered by machine learning. Yandex operates the largest search engine in Russia with about 65% market share in that country.HERE