If I made mention of VLC Media Player, for any form of device, the first thing that’ll come to your minds is video player for watching videos on your PC or even making use of it for as an audio player for music. But do you know that you can also do some more unique things on VLC?
There are actually more features that VLC contains than you can ever imagine and I’ll be showing you one of that which is how to record desktop screen with VLC. I had been looking for this feature to make record of some games I played on my laptop and then upload them to my YouTube channel not until I came across this.
There are some other cool apps which can help you with this feature but while few are free, most are paid for you to enjoy their features to the fullest. Now let’s checkout steps on how to record desktop screen using VLC player easily.
Record Desktop Screen Using VLC Player
To record your desktop or laptop screen using your VLC media player with ease, follow the outlined steps below
1. Open your VLC Media Player
2. Go to the “Media” and select Convert / Save
3. Select Capture Device.
￼4. On the Capture mode dropdown, select Desktop.
5. Choose your desired frame rate. 10.00f/s is advisable.
6. Click on the Convert/Save at the bottom of your screen.
7. Select Browse to choose your filename and save location.
8. After choosing a filename and destination to save to, press the Save button.
9. Finally press Start to begin your desktop screen record