PayPal is owned by an American company called PayPal Holdings Inc. and they operate a worldwide online payments system that gives its users the opportunity to send and receive funds online. Most of us already have a little knowledge of what a what a PayPal account is and have used it to make payment and receive payments online. Actually, this post is majorly for those that are in dire need of more information about what a PayPal account is, how to open a PayPal account and also how to verify a PayPal account in South Africa. Through this post, well be telling you everything you need to know about PayPal South Africa, how to get one and also make use of it effectively.
Is PayPal Available In South Africa
PayPal is fully available in South Africa and they have built a relationship with FNB to aid in this process thereby making it easy for you to be able to withdraw your PayPal funds in South Africa. Even if you are not an FNB customer you can still make use of the FNB PayPal service which is known as “bank managed top up” and withdraw your funds. You can easily create your own PayPal account in South Africa by following the guide below
How Do I Open a PayPal Account In South Africa
Opening a PayPal account in South Africa is easy and you can get that done easily with your smartphone device or your personal computer just by following our steps made easy
- Visit the PayPal website via www.paypal.com
- Click on sign up… select either of personal or business depending on the type of account you want
- Fill in the first set of information which includes selecting your country, inputting your valid email address and a very strong password
- On the next page, fill in other necessary details like your full name, date of birth, and address. Make sure your address is the same as one of you filled for your bank account.
- The next step is for you to fill in your debit card details
- Once that is done, login to your email address and click on the link sent by PayPal to activate your newly opened PayPal account
How To Verify PayPal Account In South Africa
After activating your PayPal account, the next process is to get the PayPal account verified. This is gonna involve you having to link your MasterCard or Visa Card to your PayPal account.
- After filling in your card details, then click on Save. A small token of $1.95 will be deducted from your bank account as this is done to verify ownership of the debit card linked to the South Africa PayPal account.
- The deducted amount will be refunded at a later time.
- Then that’s all, you now have a verified South African PayPal account which you can make use of for making payments online
What Is PayPal Exchange Rate In South Africa
There is actually no fixed exchange rate for PayPal funds as it can be sold at any price you agree with your seller. Though if you are trying to make payments with your debit card using your PayPal account, you will be charged based on the rate of the bank. So all that actually matters is your current bank exchange rate, so you have to keep on checking your various emails every single day to know your local bank exchange rate.
How to link PayPal Account to FNB
- Visit www.fnb.co.za
- Click on Register
- Select Register for PayPal.
- Choose the one that pertains to you either yourself or your business.
- Then choose I do not bank with FNB.
- Fill in your details.
- Click on the Submit button.
How To Link Your PayPal Account to any SA Bank
- Log into your validated FNB Online Banking account and go to the “Accounts” tab.
- Click “PayPal Services” in the menu on the left.
- Click “Link PayPal Profile”.