Glo announced on 17th of Dec. it ended support for all Blackberry BIS subscription plan, the company which decided to put a stop to all Blackberry services on BBOS7, however advised its customers to either migrate to BB10 , Android , IOS or Windows devices
You would recall that etisalat had earlier discontinued its Blackberry BIS Plan, well barely a month after, Glo decided to end its own bis plan as well, the information which was made available on itsBlackberry subscription page goes thus :
“Dear Customer, starting December 17, 2016 BlackBerry services on your device (BBOS7 devices) will no longer be available. You can still continue to use the device to Call and Text. We request you to migrate to a BB10, Android, Windows or IOS handset to use your remaining data. “
BlackBerry OS7 Service Termination FAQs
What does the BlackBerryservice unavailability means?
- This means that blackberry services for Blackberry OS7 & below, will cease to function. Impacted handsets i.e. Bold, Curve, Torch, Storm, Tour, Porsche will not have access toBlackberry internet services and Enterprise services.
Note: All Blackberry 10 and above OS device will continue to work as normal.
When will the Blackberry services be unavailable on my BB OS 7 device?
- Starting December 17th, 2016 theBlackberry Services will be unavailable on all BBOS 7 & below devices .
Which Blackberry Plans will be unavailable on GloBlackBerry?
The below mentioned plans will be unavailable for purchase & renewal starting 17th Dec, 2016
- BlackBerry Complete weekly plan
- BlackBerry Complete monthly plan
- BlackBerry Absolute weekly plan
- BlackBerry Absolute monthly plan
- BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS)
- BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES)
What all services or features of Blackberry will be impacted by this service unavailability?
- Your web browsing and all Blackberryproprietary applications and services e.g. BlackBerry world, BBM, Blackberrycalendar and travel apps, Blackberryhub etc will not work on BB OS 7 and below devices. You will still be able to call and text using the BBOS devices.
What will happen to outstanding data plan volumes post termination date?
- You are requested to migrate to a BB10, Android, Windows or IOS handset to use your remaining data, which has been reserved for you for next 30 days.
How do I use my left over data on new device?
- If you have migrated to a new device, you need to change your APN to Glo flat.
*Don’t say you weren’t informed, am sure you all are aware of the lingering WhatsApp notice on stopping support for same device, even Blackberry has licensed it manufacturing to TCL to help produce, sell and provide supports for its future devices, which definetly will run on Android OS*
Get Our Hottest Updates via SMS. Kindly SMS FOLLOW GURUBASICS
. On Any Network. It Is Totally FREE. Download Our Android App From HERE
To Submit Your Guest Post Or Sponsored Article, Enter HERE. Click HERE To Our Join Telegram Group
Subscribe To My YouTube Channel For Latest Football Gameplay Videos... Click HERE
Join GuruBasics Telegram Channel For your latest free browsing cheat, tech news, phone reviews, tutorials and many more by clicking HERE
Download Our Android App HERE