Earlier this year, Whatsapp introduced WhatsApp status and all most all WhatsApp users have really been enjoying this feature ever since it was introduced. Though this feature has been available on platforms like Snapchat, we still have more WhatsApp users that any other and therefore, they’ve decided to bring something similar to WhatsApp by introducing WhatsApp status.
Whatsapp status allows you to be able to upload pictures or short videos which will be visible to your contacts for the period of 24 hours. I’ve been using it and enjoying especially when viewing that of friends.
I know that you guys would have discovered that one can’t download the shared videos or images on your friend’s status unless you request for the file from the original sender or if you download a modded version of Whatsapp like GB WhatsApp to be able to download the file. I also discovered that what some people do is screenshot the images, but what will you do if it were a video you wanted so badly?
Through this post, I’m gonna show you guys a simple trick on how to save whatsapp status videos and images to your phone permanently.
How to Download and Save WhatsApp Status Pictures and Videos
- Open your WhatsApp app and go to staus and begin to view the picture or video you will like to save. Make sure the image or video loads completely
- Open your phone’s file manager
- Open the SD card or Internal storage (the one having your WhatsApp folder)
- Open the Whatsapp folder, then media folder.
- Enable “show hidden folder”
- Once this has been done, a folder named “.Statuses” should appear.
- Open the folder and you will see all your already viewed status in the last 24hours.
- Copy or move the picture or video you want to save to another folder.
- The image or video will now appear in your phone’s gallery permanently until you delete it yourself.