To attract more readers and potential clients, your blog needs to appear in search results when Internet users enter appropriate keywords. Blogspot blogs offer HTML editing so you can insert a “meta” keyword tag directly into the blog’s code. Adding a keyword tag is one way to help search engines categorize your blog’s content and can be part of your search engine optimization strategy. The keyword tag tells search engine robots the words and phrases that are relevant to your blog, so include search terms that match your business’s products and services.
Steps to Adding Keyword Tags
1. Sign in to your Blogger account.
2. Click on your blog’s title and click “Template.”
3. Click “Edit Html” and a pop-up window will appear.
4. Click the “Proceed” button.
5. Locate the “head” tag, which is usually found in the first several lines of HTML code.
6. Insert under the “head” tag to define your keywords. In the “content” attribute, type your keywords between the quotation marks and separate them with commas followed by a single space. Keywords can be single words, or a short phrase of two or three words. Include three to five keywords that are relevant to your blog.
7. Click “Save Template” to apply the changes and click “Close.”