1.Absolute patience in following the steps involved
2. CWM recovery image Ported by team hovatek (download here)
3. Super SU.zip (download it here)
4. Unlocking the boot-loader of Tecno Camon C9
How Can I Root Tecno Camon C9?
1. Copy the downloaded Super SU to both internal storage of your phone and SD card.
2. Extract and copy the CWM recovery.img into the same folder as the fastboot.exe and adb.exe
3. Unlock Tecno Camon C9 bootloader by following the steps here
4. Connect the phone to your PC via USB cord while switched ON and boot it into Fastboot (as instructed in the Bootloader unlock guide)
5. The moment your device enters fast boot, flash the recovery.img to the phone by typing the command below then pressing Enter fastboot
flash recovery recovery.img
6. Reboot the phone by typing the command below then pressing Enter
7. Boot the phone into recovery mode by switching off and using Volume up button + Power button
8. Once you enter recovery mode, use the volume button to move up and down
9. Scroll down to Install zip and select it
10. Select Choose zip from /storage/sdcard1
11. Navigate to the location of SuperSu.zip and select it
12. Select Yes – Install SuperSU to confirm flashing
Wait till the flashing is complete…
13. Return to the home screen (using the back option) then select Reboot
If CWM offers to fix some errors, select No.
Once you are done, confirm if your device has been successfully rooted by installing root checker.
That is it… let us know if you successfully rooted your Tecno Camon C9.
Credit; Team Hovatek